Saturday, November 03, 2012

A Post A Day!

After a loooonnnngggg time staying away from blogging, I'm getting back to writing with the National Blog Post Month. Using the daily prompts as a tool against the ever crippling writer's block, I'm going to restart posting - I'll try and post one a day based on the prompts and see if I can fill in the weekends as well with my own prompt based posts. Lets see how this one goes!

I'm already two days behind. But I'll still work through from the first because yeah, I try and do things from the first - including trying out items on a menu from the first to the last. Hopefully I'll catch up pretty soon and get into the schedule. Here is the first one:

Tell us your favorite quotation and why?

I'm not usually a quotation person but love some of the sayings that I found when I read books. Most of them are on the side in this blog. So instead, I'll write about a poem I like. Here is my all-time favorite poem:

Then whisper, blossom, in thy sleep
How I may upward climb
The Alpine Path, so hard, so steep,
That leads to heights sublime.

How I may reach that far-off goal
Of true and honored fame
And write upon its shining scroll
A woman's humble name.

You guessed it right! This poem is the inspiration for my blog. I so hope I can follow my alpine path and have fun doing it :) So far, looks like its happening right and I can't wait to see how the rest of the path looks! And I dream on.... :)

No comments: