Tuesday, November 06, 2012

Election results!

As I write this blog post, the election results are getting released with Romney leading the first few states and finally Obama winning to become the next President. I wish he takes the immigration and economic issues seriously enough that he gets to do something substantial this time around. Now on to today's prompt:

If you were President of the United States, what would be your first act in office?

To thank all supporters? :D On a more serious note, I think I would set up an act such that I remain President till I die (and probably set up such that my kids and grandkids remain Presidents if they wish to) :P On a more serious, serious note, I think I would make health insurance mandatory (effective asap) and doctor/lab/hospital fees more manageable/less ridiculous, make legal immigrants and people on work visa green card holders (so they can start businesses and buy more stuff thereby improving economy), give bigger tax cuts to companies that employ more veterans/are more environmentally safe/go the organic/local route, pull out military from other countries and bring them back home, ensure that teachers and postmen and clerks have a better salary so they can continue doing their jobs more effectively, ensure that the wealthiest 5% pay more in taxes (or atleast pay normal tax on all their incomes, regular and dividend) and use that money to pay back debt, impose high import tax and very less export tax so people start producing again in US and not rely on China/India/any other country, make sure owning real estate except for personal use is harder in US, not poke noses into whatever any other country does within itself.... Ok! Now I'm dreaming! I so wish Obama would do atleast a couple of these things in the next four years to come.

Looking forward to the next four years! 

No comments: