Monday, November 05, 2012

US Elections - Here they come!

After months of hearing about candidates dissing each other and telling why they are the better of the two for the job, everything comes to a rest tomorrow. While H can't wait for these commercials to be over and done with, I will kind of miss them since otherwise, I have neither the time nor the inclination to go and look up who the local officials are for my city and state. The prompt for today ties in neatly:

What are your thoughts about tomorrow's election in the United States?

Since I've seen far worse campaigning and more contestants than you can count in India, the US elections themselves seem more mild and genteel. Though I can't vote, I just wish that whoever comes into power realizes the responsibility that comes along with it and acts sensibly. Obama has been sensible in most cases, except that he did not capture the moment and get things done in some cases. I also wish the new President takes care of immigration issues (guess that's the only thing that I'm super interested in right now) and not keep pushing them as the predecessors have done. On a lighter note, I wonder how the TV, Radio stations would fill up all the open ad spots after today.... H would be happy though! No more candidate talks, no more political ads when watching series/movies.... And me, I'm happy in my own little world, no matter who wins tomorrow :)

No comments: