Friday, April 17, 2009

Upside down?

This is in reply to one of my friend's requests. He has put up a picture on his blog and asked some of us to come up with suitable poems. Here is mine:

I woke up from my sleep
The breeze was caressing me
I unfurled my petals
The world smiled in glee

I saw a pretty girl
Talking without a care
She exclaimed
"Its blue up there"

And I looked up
All I saw was green
With some brown
in the 'tween

Am I looking up
And the world looking down?
Or is the world right
With me upside down?
-Alpine path

6 comments:

Venkata Ramanan S said...

Hey cool !!!!....:)
Very gud1 espcly d last few ...
Kudos :)

Venkata Ramanan S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ships said...

really cute!

Venkata Ramanan S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Venkata Ramanan S said...

பாவ மன்னிப்பு

தேசத்தின் தந்தைக் கொல்லப் பட்டதை - உன்
தலை கிள்ளி பரப்பினோம் தலைமுறைகளுக்கு...
சிறு வயதின் சண்டைகளுக்கு - உன்
சிரம் வீழ்த்தி சமரசம் செய்தோம்...
மனதின் ஆரா இரணங்களுக்கு - உன்
மரணம் விளைவித்து மருந்திடோம் ..
பக்கத்து வீட்டுச் சிறுமிக்கு - உன்னை
பரிசளித்து பேசத் துவங்கினோம்...
சமூக சேவை என்ற பெயரில் - உன்
சமூகத்தையே அழித்தோம் ....
புல்லுரிவிகள் களைய திறனின்றி - உன்
பசுந்தளிர்கள் களைந்து நிறைவுற்றோம் ...
மனிதரின் விருப்புக்கும் வெறுப்புக்கும்
விளையாட்டுக்கும் வினைகளுக்கும்
விருந்தானாய் நீ ....

உன்னை பார்க்கும் நொடி
நினைவில் நிழலாடுகிறது
சிரம் தாழ்த்திய நிலையில்
சிலுவையில் இயேசுவின் உருவம் ...

- Lakshmi

Alpine Path said...

Ramanan, thanks :) And your competition spurred me on to this one! Else I wouldn't have done it at all. Looking forward to more.

Ships, thank you :)

Ramanan, Wow! Lakshmi's is heavy stuff :) Not sure if I'll ever think that way! Nor if I ever want to! Kudos to her!