Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Golf course dinner!

What lesson can be learned in a golf course over a seven course dinner? Loads actually. Today was a very interesting evening where I got to do loads of firsts like go to a golf course, have a seven course dinner and a wonderful conversation(I always thought formal dinners were more a formality than a place to actually do something), meet some really awe inspiring people, get a view of three downtowns at the same time, etc. Let me not go into the details, but three of the most important lessons I learned were:
1) Don't fight all the battles because at the end of the day, not all of them matter.
2) Learn to know the goal and keep that in mind. Don't let the egos come into the picture.
3) Have fun, be passionate and know yourself.
I know this is not new advice, but the way it was said made all the difference, especially the last one. Thanks for all those who made this dinner possible. I HAD FUN!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hey thats a good one! Prolly I need to scratch this hard in my heads :)

Fantasies of a Lifetime said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Alpine Path said...

vivek, Yup! I loved the speech and dinner too :D